Reborn Base

Welcome to Reborn Base! You haven't registered yet, join now!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Reborn Base

Welcome to Reborn Base! You haven't registered yet, join now!

Reborn Base

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Hitman's Paradise! • Register and have Fun!

http://www.vongolabase.com/

2 posters

Opening in an RP topic

Rokudo Mukuro
    Rokudo Mukuro

Activity Points : 47004

Character sheet
    Experience:
    Opening in an RP topic Left_bar_bleue5/500Opening in an RP topic Empty_bar_bleue  (5/500)
    Wave Length :
    Opening in an RP topic Left_bar_bleue150/150Opening in an RP topic Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)
    Flame Quality:
    Opening in an RP topic Left_bar_bleue0/0Opening in an RP topic Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Opening in an RP topic Empty Opening in an RP topic

Post by Rokudo Mukuro Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:36 am

Hey guys, I was wondering if you could give me some pointers on starting an rp topic. In most of the topics i've seen, it starts off by describing the weather and such but is that all there is to it? Help is really appreciated. smile
    Akegata
    Akegata

Activity Points : 46813

Character sheet
    Experience:
    Opening in an RP topic Left_bar_bleue5/500Opening in an RP topic Empty_bar_bleue  (5/500)
    Wave Length :
    Opening in an RP topic Left_bar_bleue150/150Opening in an RP topic Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)
    Flame Quality:
    Opening in an RP topic Left_bar_bleue0/0Opening in an RP topic Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Opening in an RP topic Empty Re: Opening in an RP topic

Post by Akegata Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:00 pm

My friend, there is SO much more to it. In an opening, it is your job to set the world. Creating a scene that others can walk into and interact with. Weather, sights, sounds. The locations, the passer-bys. All these things are important for an opening post. So, in essence, it is actually the hardest thing to do.
    Rokudo Mukuro
    Rokudo Mukuro

Character sheet
    Experience:
    Wave Length :
    Flame Quality:

Post by Rokudo Mukuro Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:10 am

So in short, I have to describe the things around me. am i right?
    Akegata
    Akegata

Character sheet
    Experience:
    Wave Length :
    Flame Quality:

Post by Akegata Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:48 am

That's a basic explanation, yes. Imagine it as the opening of a new book. You have to explain the world around the main character in some detail for the reader to understand what's going on.
    Rokudo Mukuro
    Rokudo Mukuro

Character sheet
    Experience:
    Wave Length :
    Flame Quality:

Post by Rokudo Mukuro Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:51 am

That's easy to understand, thanks smile
    Akegata
    Akegata

Character sheet
    Experience:
    Wave Length :
    Flame Quality:

Post by Akegata Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:52 am

Glad I could help. I may not have the time nor energy to RP lately, but I can at least help others.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:18 am